There is no doubt that regardless of their age, men require good nutrition to keep themselves healthy. A healthy diet is essential for meeting the physical needs and it also decreases the risk of diseases. However, the nutritional needs of men vary based on their age and the level of physical activities they do. Normally, younger men require more calories as compared to older men. Older men require a diet that is rich in nutrients rather than calories. As the person begins to near 70 years of age, their body requires more amount of calcium and phosphorous. Hence, it’s important to be aware of the nutritional requirements based on your age.
What are the essential nutrients required by men?
Men require good nutrition and diet for a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet comprising the best foods and drinks can help in getting the nutrients your body needs. Without a healthy diet, there could be high chances of chronic diseases and mental health issues. Here are some of the main nutrients that are essential for men:
- Vitamin D- It strengthens the skeleton and minimizes the inflammation in arteries. The deficiency of vitamin D in men arises due to insufficient consumption of ultraviolet B rays. The foods that are a rich source of vitamin D include oily fish, meat, mushrooms, dairy products, and eggs.
- Magnesium- Deficiency of magnesium may increase the chances of heart diseases. It’s an important nutrient that is required for many body processes. However, most of the men fail to get the required amount of magnesium because it’s not easy to get it from diet.
- Iodine- The production of some important hormones needs iodine. For example, it’s required for the production of T3 and T4 hormones that help in burning calories. Low level of hormones may lead to an increase in weight, tiredness etc. Food items such as eggs, yogurt are a good source of iodine.
- Vitamin B12- Meat, eggs, yogurt, fish, and milk are some of the sources that are rich in Vitamin B12.
- Potassium- This essential nutrient reduces the amount of sodium in the blood and helps in increasing energy in the body.
Energy nutrition Supplements
You need to consume more calories for maximizing muscle growth. The protein intake should also be increased for making the muscles strong. It can be done without consuming health supplements, but the intake of nutritional supplements allows you to meet your goals easily. These supplements enable you to gain more muscles.
Moreover, busy schedules make it difficult to get a proper amount of diet. So, it’s better to take health boosters along with your diet to meet up the nutrition requirements. The key food supplements that every man requires are:
- Protein powder – Protein is one of the essential nutrients that is required by the body. It’s difficult to consume enough amount of protein in the daily diet. On average, an adult needs 0.8 grams of protein against every kilogram of their entire body weight. Further, if you are a gym freak, you may need more amount of protein to repair and grow your muscles.
- Creatine- Creatine is an important food supplement that is required by the man’s body. It’s naturally produced in the body. It helps in providing energy to muscles and other tissues. Consuming nutritional supplements can boost the muscle creatine content that results in improved muscle growth and strength. You should take creatine if you feel tired as a result of physical activity.
- Multivitamins- We are well aware of the benefits of vitamins for our body. They protect us from deficiencies and improve the functioning of the body. They improve the metabolism and digestion of the body. However, most men fail to fulfill the vitamin requirements. Hence, they should take multivitamins to stay fit and healthy. The multivitamins boost the immune system, strengthens bones and tissues, and help in body development.
- Fish oil- Fatty Acids are required by your body especially the Omega-3 fatty acids. Fatty acids have several health benefits. Fish oil is the best source of Omega3 fatty acid. It not only helps in reducing blood pressure but also prevents the blockage of the arteries and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Branch chain amino acids- Amino acids are popularly known as the building blocks of protein. Some of the amino acids are essential for our body but the main issue is that our body does not produce these essential amino acids. Hence, these need to be consumed via food or food supplements. But it’s not easy to consume all the essential amino acids through food. That’s why men should go for supplements for fulfilling the requirement of amino acids in the body. They reduce mental fatigue, help in the growth of muscles, fasten your recovery process, and make you stronger.
It’s always better to meet the nutritional requirements through a healthy and well-balanced diet. If it is difficult to do so, you should consider taking natural energy boosters and supplements.