Immunity boosting tips during the Covid-19
A strong immune system is very significant especially during the Covid 19. It’s because the immune system acts as a shield against the Covid 19 and can help you to stay safe during the pandemic. The immune system safeguards you against the harmful bacteria that cause infections and viruses. Immune system produces antibodies that kill the pathogens. So it’s important that we focus on strengthening our immune system with supplements, nutritional foods, and by implementing healthy lifestyle changes.
Well, there is no special diet plan that can keep you safe from the Covid 19 apart from following adequate social distancing measures and proper hygiene standards.
How to keep your immune system healthy and strong?Although wearing masks and sanitizing hands regularly is important but at the same time, its also crucial that we look for different ways to improve our natural immunity. A few of the tips that can help you to improve your immunity to fight the harmful virus are:
- Get essential nutrients: For a strong immune system, you should focus on eating a healthy diet that comprises of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Eat different types of vegetables, especially green vegetables. Fruits and vegetables consist of essential nutrients like vitamin A and C that act as immunity boosters. Fruits such as ginger, citrus fruits, turmeric, etc. are well known for the immune-boosting properties.
- Avoid taking stress: While most of the people are facing poor mental health due to the coronavirus, but it’s advisable to manage your stress as it can increase the vulnerability to the covid 19.
- Do physical exercises: It is important to be physically active. Doing daily exercises can help to fight off the virus. So, you should do exercises that you enjoy doing. Initially, you can start slowly and then gradually you can increase the pace of exercises.
- Follow a healthy sleeping routine: A healthy immune system is essential for fighting off infections. An immune system that does not get an adequate amount of sleep won’t function properly. It is generally found that individuals who are deprived of sleep are more likely to catch infections. You should follow a strict sleep and wake up plan.
- Good hygiene standards: The key to a strong immune system is the good hygiene standards. You can safeguard yourself as well as others from the infection by following healthy hygiene standards such as regularly sanitizing hands, wearing masks, and avoiding going to crowded areas.
How can good nutrition help in boosting the immune system?
There are various nutrients that help in normal functioning of the immune system. So, having a healthy diet is very crucial for improving the functioning of the immune system. Some of the nutrients that are important for effective immune system are:
- Vitamin A, C, and D
You should prefer eating a variety of foods for a healthy and balanced diet to keep your immune system healthy. It can prevent you from catching infections, bugs, and viruses. Moreover, protecting your immune system will help you to recover from illness in a quick time. So, you should focus on adopting a healthier lifestyle comprising nutritious foods, daily exercise to make your immune system strong.