A Borderline personality disorder is a mental disorder that directly impacts the way you feel about yourself and other people as well. This causes a problem in one’s everyday life. It includes self-image issues, difficulty managing emotions and behavior, and a pattern of an unstable relationship. Borderline personality disorder usually causes in early adulthood. The condition seems to be worse in young adulthood and may gradually get better with age. You should not get discouraged if you are suffering from a borderline personality disorder. Many people with this disorder get better with time and can lead a happy and satisfied life afterward. In this section, we are here to discuss the causes and symptoms of borderline personality disorder.
Causes Of Borderline Personality Disorder
A Borderline personality disorder is not fully understood but doctors say that this problem can be linked to two distinct factors:
Some studies of twins determine that mental problems amongst them are directly inherited or linked with the mental condition of other family members.
- Brain abnormalities
Research suggests that some changes in areas of the brain involved in emotional regulation, impulsivity, and aggression. Also, certain brain chemicals that control mood or serotonin may not function properly.
These are some causes of borderline personality disorder.
Symptoms Of Borderline Personality Disorder
Some important signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder include:
- Intense fear of abandonment.
- A pattern of unstable love relationships.
- Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image include shifting goals and values.
- Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality.
- Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating, or drug abuse.
- Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to a fear of separation or rejection.
- Wide mood swings lasting from days to weeks, which can include sudden happiness or anxiety
- Ongoing feelings of emptiness.
- Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights.
These are some of the vital signs and symptoms of borderline personality disorder. We have now highlighted the causes and symptoms of borderline personality disorder. For more such posts, please watch this section of Natural Health Boosters closely.